Kincoppal Rose Bay
MFA initial 2014 scope included assessment of rising damp to the magnificent 1900 Horbury Hunt Chapel – and installation of air drains and upgraded stormwater system.
Chapel Square, opened on 14 June 2017, provides a carefully designed and heritage significant setting to commemorate the 135th anniversary of the Rose Bay school. Chapel Square provides a secluded gathering place with a central paved oval focus, terraced seating, landscaping and a new statue of the founder Madeleine Sophie Barat.
Construction materials include Appin sandstone, bluestone and paving sympathetic with the adjacent Claremont and Horbury Hunt Chapel. The design includes new accessible entries to the school and landscaped screening of existing services.
Chapel Square was designed by Michael Fox Architects and CAB Consulting – and constructed by Stone Mason and Artist.
St Mary’s Cathedral Conservation & Spires
The Archdiocese of Sydney appointed MFA as Project Co-ordinators for all phases of this heritage conservation program in 1993.
The conservation program was implemented between 1994 and 1996 and the 1866 William Wardell designed Spires were completed in 2000. MFA managed construction as Spires Superintendent.
Following discussions with the Council of the City of Sydney, the Council implemented the adjacent Cathedral Square – providing an appropriate interface between Cathedral and Square.
St Saviours Cathedral Goulburn NSW
MFA commenced this conservation program for the
Anglican Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn in 2012,
initially to assess current condition of the Cathedral site and built environment.
The Cathedral was designed by Edmund Blacket and the foundation stone was laid in 1874. The Cathedral was completed, excluding the tower and spire, in 1884.
MFA current involvement includes initial conservation works to the building fabric, Conservation Management Plan (CMP) and progressive implementation of conservation Works culminating in the Cathedral Spire.
Villa Maria & St Peter Chanel, Hunters Hill
MFA was engaged in 2001 to review the condition of these heritage listed Churches and develop conservation management plans.
The works including façade stabilisation, site upgrade works and rising damp solutions were completed in 2004.